Conflict happens. The key is to know how to diffuse it and to learn from it in order to bring about the best possible resolution.
The cost of workplace conflict can be staggering. It is estimated that over 65% of performance problems stem from strained relationships between employees.
Here are just some of the ways conflict can cost an organization:
- Wasted time / productivity
- Employee and team disengagement
- Reduced decision quality (of individuals and teams)
- Loss of skilled employees
- Restructuring, rehiring, and retraining
- Sabotage, theft, or damage
- Lost work time
These associated costs do not just pertain to the individuals in conflict; they affect leaders, teams, and organizations. Studies have shown that managers spend 30% or more of their valuable time dealing with conflict, that is immense considering the amount of productivity lost and money wasted during these disputes. Multiply the cost of employee conflict across an organization and the effects are substantive.
During each of these workshops employees and managers will be exposed to the knowledge and skills needed to quickly identify, address, and resolve workplace conflict. Participants will learn to deal with conflict in a positive and proactive way, well before it takes its toll on an organization financially.
Participants Will Learn
- The consequences and real costs of conflict
- The nature of conflict and why it occurs
- The different types of conflict and how to address them
- How to address personal conflict with others
- How to address conflict between others
- Proactive tactics for positive engagement and agreements
How to Register
Call to Schedule: (208) 467-8439
Full day workshop
At your organization (call for details)